Read Acts 23:12-26-32, then visit these questions.
- Paul’s family seems willing to help him. Is this odd, considering they were Jews and he was a Christian?
- The Jews said they “strictly bound themselves” to their vow. Why did they feel the need to make such a solemn vow? What do we know about these vows from that time period?
- The verse says that Annias and company “came down.” Came down from where? Where else is this language used in the Bible?
- How is the opening to Tertullus’s speech and Paul’s speech similar, and different?
- Was Felix a Christian?
- Why did Festus want to do the Jews a favor?
- Why did Paul appeal to Ceaser?
- Was Paul making a bold statement when he said, “Why is it thought incredible by any of you that God raises the dead?”
- What can we learn about Paul from verse 24?
- Paul says he is speaking “true and rational words.” Why did Paul use those two particular words?
Acts Bible Study (7-8-2020)