We’ll meet in the Richmond FUMC church parking lot at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, and return around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10. Our fall retreat is typically one of our students’ and counselors’ favorite events of the whole year, as we spend a weekend in the mountains away from the distractions of everyday life and grow closer together as a family as we grow closer to God.
The cost of the retreat is $70 for each student. They will have lodging covered for two nights in Aldersgate’s very comfortable cottages, and they will have all their meals from Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast covered in the Aldersgate dining hall. There are always scholarship funds available, and families with multiple children pay less (10% less). Talk to Jonathan for questions or more information.
The deadline for signing up is Wednesday, Oct. 23. Please get your forms in to officially sign up, but go ahead and give Jonathan (firstname.lastname@example.org) written notice if you plan on going.
Each student attending (and their parent) will need to have completed and returned:
- an Emerge Student Form (a variety of information that covers all our events in the 2019-2020 school year)
- an Aldersgate Camp Release Form (unless they completed one for our spring guys’ and girls’ retreats or another camp this calendar year)
- a permission slip for this trip (for FUMC)
All of these forms are available below electronically. Those who have already completed an Emerge Student Form this year need not complete it again.
Aldersgate Camp is in Ravenna, Kentucky, about an hour east of Richmond.
Tentative packing list:
- Sleeping bag or blankets, and a pillow (we’ll be sleeping on bunk beds)
- Towel and washcloth
- Other toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Clothes for Saturday and Sunday, plus some extras in case you want to change Saturday
- Tennis shoes (but not your newest, brightest ones — they will get dirty)
- Card games/board games (we will have some free time to play)
- Frisbees, footballs
- Snacks (to share if you want to be nice!)
- Things you won’t need so you may want to just leave home:
- Your cell phone
- Your iPod
- Your game system
- Anything electronic