God Sightings:

It is part of our faith that God is alive and active in the world around us. While we can often be blind to God’s presence, from time to time our eyes are opened and we get a glimpse of the divine handiwork.

This page is a place for you to share the times, place, people, and events where you personally saw God at work. Just post your Sighting in the comment section below.

(It may take some time for your sighting to show up here in this list. To keep this page doing what it’s built to do, we review each entry before it goes public here.)

God Sightings
Notify of
guest
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Gene Kleppinger
3 months ago

We had a cat named Gizmo. He was with us for two years, diabetic with FIV. Last week we learned that his conditions had worsened a lot, and we decided it was time for him to cross the “Rainbow Bridge” for beloved pets. As we stood by him for his final moments, I felt a great sense of God’s peace assuring us that we had taken the best care possible for Gizmo. No voice or thunder, but we knew that God was with us.

Sara Orellana
Sara Orellana
3 months ago

On Maundy Thursday, I was missing my little church in Washburn, TN, where I knew everyone and they all knew me. I missed my ridge-top home where I’d lived for 6 years and everything was in place. I stayed home…but Jesus went ahead of me to church this morning, and as I walked into the building, up the stairs, and into the sanctuary, everyone I passed said, “Good morning, Sara!” I think Jesus was saying, “Hey guys – Sara’s right behind me – please make a point of greeting her.”

Thank you, Jesus, for letting me be an eye witness to you and to your love.

Jonathan Kleppinger
Jonathan Kleppinger
3 months ago

I’ve been in awe of God’s creation several times the last couple days, from the view of the bright orange sun rising yesterday morning to the growth on all the trees and the sound of all the birds in the backyard. Today in my devotion book, the prayer section was all about creation — the “wonder and complexity” and the “music, color and beauty” that we get to appreciate. And as I sat on my back porch taking in all the sights and sounds of the Earth in spring this morning, my eyes came to rest on my 21-month-old son who was toddling around on the porch with me, and I was reminded that somehow, in the middle of all this beautiful world, it’s us — humans — who are God’s crowning achievement of creation, the masterpiece.

Alex Fassas
Alex Fassas
3 months ago

During this past week, I took the opportunity to clear some brush at the edge of my property which is near the creek. As I was walking along the creek, the sound of the water babbling over the rocks in the creek caused a sense of peace and serenity to wash over me as well. Surely God was present in those moments.

Lori Chasse
Lori Chasse
3 months ago

I wasn’t sure how Easter was going to be this year since the passing of George. However, I saw just how good that my God is! Easter was amazing. While at Thrive I reconnected with some friends that I had not seen in such a long time. I had my son and granddaughter with me all day. We spent the afternoon with my cousin and her family. My day was spent with so many. God knew that I would need that. He is so very Good.

Jennifer Woodruff Tait
Jennifer Woodruff Tait
3 months ago

For many years, I have taken pictures during all fifty days of the Easter season and shared them on my social media (as #50daysofeasterpictures). In my late-pandemic brain fog, sometimes it feels like time has no meaning anymore, and last year’s #50daysofeasterpictures seem like they exist in some other part of the multiverse. But one moment of new life at the church I pastor, St. John’s, Corbin, cut through the pandemic fog. Here I am, in a (blurry, sorry) screenshot of the video by Lisa Garrison of the Fraction at our outdoor Easter Eucharist – one year, one month, and four days since the last time we at St. John’s received the Eucharist.

169185481_10225100004305292_7025544317862794916_n.jpg
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x